As the MS patient enters the EDSS scale levels of 5.0 -7.5 (below), walking, mobility, and independence may be hindered.
To offset this challenge, special equipment is often needed. Unfortunately, Equipment can be an expensive and repeated endeavor.
Financial Duress Spiral: RRMS is well aware of the economic challenges that MS can impose. As MS disease advances, mobility can be hindered with a number of undesired effects, some of which are financial:
- Elevated caregiver/family/relationship stress
- Cannot ascend the stairs
- Cannot drive kids to school; Drive to Work?
- Cannot exit/enter my house
- Cannot visit a friend for coffee
- Can I make it to work?
- What if I lose my income?
- What if I lose my benefits?
- How can I afford needed mobility equipment?